5 Real Ale Pubs to Visit close to Glastonbury
With over 20 micro breweries in Somerset we are spoiled for choice when it comes to Real Ales Pubs around Glastonbury.
Fortunately you won’t have to venture too far from us here at Middlewick to find an independently owned pub selling very fine craft beers.
Here are 5 Real Ale Pubs to choose from:
1. Red Lion, West Pennard. Just a short drive, or if feeling energetic, a 3 mile walk across fields(ask at our reception for a map) you will find this traditional pub that serves a wide selection of local beers and cider.
2. The Rose and Portcullis is a 16th Century pub in Butleigh that has served over 400 different ales in the past 4 years. They usually have between 3 and 5 different ales from the best breweries around.
3. The George at Croscombe is a 17th Century pub that normally keeps four Real Ales on at any one time. Their “King George The Thirst” and “George and the Dragon” are brewed exclusively for them by a brewery just five miles away. They use Mendip spring water, Warminster malt and some Canadian Chinook hops for extra zest.
4. Halfway House in Pitney is an authentic rustic pub with a slate floor and large fireplaces. A very popular pub with the locals and in the summer time their gardens are overflowing with people enjoying their great selection of local ales.
5. Cross Keys Inn, Lydford is a traditional pub serving a large selection of Real Ales from the Barrel. It was runner up for Somerset Tourism Pub of the Year in 2016.
You may also be Interested in...
Platinum Healing Juice Detox, Healing and Yoga Retreats at Middlewick in Glastonbury
In 2021 we welcomed Kate Tyler and her team from Platinum Healing Juice Detox, Healing and Yoga Retreats to Middlewick, [...]